Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Initial Research - Influence Maps

My first set of influence maps got me thinking of the different possibilities that I could subject my mind to, for example I am looking at different times, perspectives, genres and styles.

 
The ideas I had for butlers came from a long childhood of watching TV and films; I looked at Alfred, from both of the "good" Batman series, and also Geoffrey from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, because I like the his style and mannerisms, and I know its early, but as this is an animations I am taking this into account in the back of my mind.

The mousetraps were slightly harder to imagine, as they are pretty generic objects, but then i researched to find that there are different types. I also looked into modern and traditional traps so that i could choose between them in a later stage.

 
For me the Museum was the easiest to research because there are so many different varieties and the architectural elements within the buildings are so monumental that there is such a wide range to choose from (hence the two maps). the first one focuses mainly on the modern museums and how efficiently they use space and manage their displays. However the second one shows the elegance and beauty of the historic design with the columns, the incredibly high ceilings and the carvings in the walls/coves.

No comments:

Post a Comment